October 17, 2019

Reading about Diabetes 2

Used to read on my Kindle and find books on Amazon, I looked at many and finally chosen to read, first, these three. 

Diabetes for Dummies, a short version, written by a doctor treating patients. I do not recommend, after finishing the 70 pages. Perhaps the big, more expensive book, may be better.
The other two books I begun and love both of them. Not only great information, well written books, but both authors have humor. Humor, I need now. Will also try here. 

I begun with the Can I eat that? Its writer recommended the Type 2 Diabetes book author. Now, I read them alternately as each have different content. Both useful. They are, in my opinion, to be consumed slowly. 

Also went last week, to a longer workshop organised by Diabetes UK, they gave me a folder with two short manuals, just opened it yesterday. So much to read and understand!

2 comments:

  1. Saw you on FB Toastmasters forum, have suggestions.
    "Why We Get Fat" and "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes. First is more approachable, 2nd is more detailed/sciency. Lots of info about DM and other health issues too.

    "The Diabetes Code" and "The Complete Guide to Fasting" by Dr. Jason Fung. Much of what you hear about DM is wrong and outdated, and Dr. Fung tells you with gusto.

    All of the above are available on Kindles.

    A bit about the first Canadian Nobel Prize laureate: https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/the-discovery-of-insulin

    Good luck with your project and your health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your touch of humour here - which book to consume!
    Best to look for sugar free book on the topic!
    Let’s see if we can entice more commenters here!

    ReplyDelete

Up and down

 88 to 81 then 85: today 84 again Celebrating my one kilo loss, from last week, as I decided not to weight every day any more. January I was...