October 15, 2019

Was told “you have diabetes 2” - What?

What IS diabetes 2? How did I get it at this age? I  Julie, am past 85 years old and no one told me till now! Suddenly, I felt, still feel, as I am sliding in a hole, deeper and deeper.

As soon as I thing that I understand and accept one fact, I get others. Sometimes, event contradictory but for sure confusing. 

Come with me on my journey, tell me yours. Let us be less alone. 

Facts I learned and accepted relatively fast. 

1. Diabetes is hereditary can be alas come from ancestors and go to children and grandchildren.  

2. Diabetes is here to stay, can not be cured, only stopped to get worsening.
Those two were difficult to swallow and took some days. But I knew, till I do not finish thinking about and let go the old, imagined me, I will not be able to go farther.

Now what? 

The transition towards a new life will take long, and will be on the next posts. I got only a few weeks, so much more to learn and experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Up and down

 88 to 81 then 85: today 84 again Celebrating my one kilo loss, from last week, as I decided not to weight every day any more. January I was...